Bonang Matheba Net worth – Bonang Dorothy Matheba is a South African television host, radio personality, businesswoman, producer, model, and philanthropist who was born on June 25, 1987. She is famous for her colorful presenting talents and characteristic voice, and she was born in Mahikeng, North West. She rose to prominence in the business as the host of SABC 1’s LIVE (now Live Amp), a music programme. She is also well-known for being the first Black South African to appear in various international magazines.
Bonang Matheba Age and Quick Facts
|Bonang Dorothy Matheba
|Date of Birth
|June 25, 1987
|34 years as at 2021
|Model, Actress, Philanthropist, Media Personality, Entrepreneur
Bonang Matheba Early Life and Background
Bonang Matheba was born in the Mahikeng borough of North West on June 25, 1987, to Charlotte Mokoena, Sasol’s Executive Vice-President for Human Resource and Corporate Affairs, and Gampi Matheba, a senior lecturer at North-West University. She belongs to the Tswana ethnic group, which speaks Bantu. Matheba has an elder sister, Reabetswe, who competed in Miss International South Africa 2018 and placed in the top three. Her mother remarried after her parents divorced, giving birth to a son called Thabo (Bonang’s half-brother).
Bonang Matheba Net worth and Career
Matheba made her television debut at the age of 15 in 2002 on the SABC 2 kids programme Manhattan Fantasy Challenge. She also appeared in a number of SABC 2 children’s programmes. After graduating from varsity, Matheba auditioned for the first season of the SABC 1 music programme LIVE (now Live Amp).
Matheba made her acting debut on the SABC 1 serial InterSEXions in 2008, playing Nurse Seipati.
Matheba received a call from radio station YFM in 2009, informing her that she would be joining the new line-up of presenters.
In 2015, Matheba was appointed as the new radio DJ for Metro FM. Siphokazi January, the new Metro FM veteran, took her position. The Front Row, Matheba’s slot show, had a large and enthusiastic following until a disagreement with the radio station’s manager arose following an on-air rearrangement that saw Bonang anchoring the show with her reputed old industry adversary Lerato Kganyago without her knowledge. Bonang resigned from the radio station the next day, enraged by their lack of communication.
Bonang Matheba Dresses
Matheba collaborated with retailer Legit to develop her first apparel collection, “Just B,” in 2008. She then collaborated with a London-based designer to produce the “Baby Star” handbag series.
Woolworths, a high-end South African retailer, announced a relationship with Bonang in 2014. They launched the “Distraction By Bonang” lingerie brand, which is currently doing well as new seasons are released.
In 2018, Matheba and Superbalist released the “BONANG by Bonang Matheba” T-shirt line. Famous Bonang phrases such as “Mo’ghel,” “Give The People What They Want,” and “#IAmBonang” were emblazoned on the T-shirts.
Bonang Matheba Endorsements
- In 2013, she was designated the South African ambassador for the Revlon cosmetics brand. She became the brand’s first worldwide ambassador outside of the United States as a result of the contract.
- Matheba, with fashion designer David Tlale, hip hop musician Da L.E.S, and club DJ DJ Dimplez, was announced as an ambassador for the vodka brand Cîroc in Africa in October 2016.
- She was selected the new African Brand Ambassador for Ipanema sandals during a trip to Brazil in 2017, after Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen. It was then reported that she met with Brazilian sandal-makers and even shot a commercial in Rio de Janeiro during her trip.
- Matheba secured an endorsement contract with cellular network Cell C in 2018, which included her launching her own mobile app and an emoji pack named “BMoji” as part of the contract. Peugeot, BIC Razors, Brutal Fruit, Diva Divine Hair, Lifestyle Pads, and Courvoisier are among Bonang’s other sponsorships.
- Bonang was named Samsung South Africa’s ambassador for the S20 line and the Z Flip in 2020.
Bonang Matheba Husband and Marriage
Matheba dated rapper AKA from late 2015 until 2017. Their relationship was marred by scandal since they had an affair when AKA was dating and impregnating DJ Zinhle, who revealed their affair after their breakup in August 2015.
Bonang Matheba Net worth
Bonang Matheba has a net worth of $7 million. This is due to the various businesses she has opened and the endorsements she has gotten. She is one of the wealthiest celebrities in South Africa. Bonang Matheba was named in Forbes Africa’s 50 Most Powerful Women 2020.